Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012

Hey Ya'll!

This week has been crazy!  I'm a spanish missionary!!

Elder Vea was transferred early, so they put me with the Spanish missionaries that live by me, it has been pretty fun.  I have been brushing up on my Spanish.  I'm pretty terrible.  We were able to get a lot of good work done, we set a couple of dates with two of our investigators as well.  On Wednesday we drove up to North Little Rock for leadership training, it was really good. President has decided that now that he has taught us exact obedience and that he can trust us, he is letting us just go out and get it done.  I'm pretty excited about it and I think the whole mission is too.  We are expecting some miracles to happen, especially in Little Rock.  Then as we were leaving I received a call from the lst councilor in the bishopric asking me to speak this coming Sunday.  This will be my first talk of the mission:  interesting.  I am speaking on missionary work and he asked me to try to get the ward excited about missionary work rather than chastising or anything.  I'm kind of excited for it???? go figure.  I'm sure I will turn red as a tomater though.

President also asked me to spend the day today with an Elder that has been having a tough time and his comp. is going home so he needed somewhere to stay, so we are going to boost his spirits some hopefully.  I will be picking up my new companion on Wednesday and we will get to work.  President already told me who it is, so I guess I can tell you, his name is Elder Carter, I served around him in Tenton, he is like 6' 7" and he is a great missionary.  I know we will do well together.

I am glad to hear all is well in Utah.

I love ya'll,
Love Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment