Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm Training!! December 19, 2011

Welcome Elder Dannett, to the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission and Trenton, Tennessee!!!

Merry Christmas Everybody...

So, going back to Frayser was awesome. I went to see Kierra because she had been anit'd and had stopped going to church. She freaked out when she saw me... haha it was funny, but we were able to get her to commit to coming to church, so I'm hoping she did. I also saw Crystal and Stephanie, Fildal and Diamond. Stephanie didn't notice me at first, but then I said "remember me" and she almost tackled me through her TV haha they are all doing great. It was awesome to be able to see them. We ere supposed to go to Star's but weren't able to.

Anywho, I got my new companion. His name is Elder Dannatt. He is from Vegas. He is about 6'5" and he played basketball and football in High School and has a scholarship to Arizona State when he goes home to play linebacker for them. He is BIG and he is a stud too. He is so much better than I was when I came out. I remember being so scared to talk. We actually had a really good first week, found us a few new investigators and were able to set a couple of dates, so we are excited, going to get him his first baptism early rather than having to wait 4 months like I did. It definitely has brought back memories... We went into P.E.C. yesterday morning and one of the Bishopric counselors was like "who is the new deer in the headlights Elder" haha it was funny. It definitely takes a couple days to get used to things. To top it all off though, a speaker didn't show up, so right as sacrament is starting, they asked him to speak... He had about 2 minutes to prepare, but he did a good job, and I think it helped him to relax too. He was doing a lot better after that.

That is crazy that Nick is coming out here!!! Is he speaking Spanish or English? He is going to love it.

So, on Christmas we are going over to the Smith's at about 1:30 so I will call somewhere around 2ish. I will let you know more once I find out when Elder Dannatt's family can talk with him. But ya about 2 and at the latest 4.

I love yall!!! Merry Christmas!

Love Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment