Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011

Hola Mi Familia!

So transfers are this Wednesday, but I am staying here in Southaven, it sounds like. It's all good though. Elder Zendejas and I are going to turn this area around...

So Brother Pierce stopped me yesterday at church to tell me about when he was in Utah. He said that you told him to give me a hug. Right as he said that, this big guy in our ward who is from the Island of Yap... Kind of Polynesian, came up so brother Pierce had him give me a big bear hug instead. haha it was pretty funny, he is a huge guy... Brother Pierce was saying that they had narrowed it down to 3 places to live and one of them were the Boulder Apts. that are in Lindsay's ward...so that would be cool.

So the chick that wanted to date me is still being taught over in Frayser. She has a baptismal date and is looking pretty good for that. haha She had better get baptized, is all I can say.

We have been able to find a few really good investigators here in the past couple of weeks. One of them came to church yesterday, and I think he liked it. His name is Willie, and his wife is actually a member, but we tracked into him, pretty funny story... anyways we are going to play disk golf with him this afternoon, should be pretty fun. I'm getting 0pretty good at it.

We also contacted a referral this week named Sarah, who is really cool. The only problem we are facing with our new investigator's is that they don't want to meet more than once a week, so it is hard to help them progress. It's all good though, we will keep working at it.

Everything is going well. I was told that the ward kind of had a bit of a bad taste in their mouths from past missionaries, but they seem to be warming up pretty quickly. There are some really cool members here. We are going to start playing soccer every Saturday morning with some of them and get some investigators there with us. I know Willie is big into soccer, so that should be helpful.

I love you guys, thank you for all of your support.

Love, Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment