Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012

Hey y'all,

We had us a couple baptisms this week, it was awesome...  Sharon Phillips and Isaiah Smith were both baptized and it went great.  We had like 50 people there, including President Peterson.  I don't know if I told you about Sharon, but her husband and entire family joined the church two or three years ago.  She has been through who knows how many sets of missionaries.  I was talking to one of the AP's who earlier in his mission had served in Maple Street and had tried to teach her.  Basically she wouldn't give the missionaries the time of day, but God kept working on her.  It was awesome to finally see the last piece of their family come together, it will be awesome for them to finally be able to go to the Temple in a year.  Isaiah is an awesome kid too.  On Sunday during Sunday school, his dad, Lloyd, who has been coming to church and investigating for years told everyone he was trying to get baptized soon.  Hopefully we can get him in in the next couple of weeks.

We had Zone conference this week and because it was the last one of my mission I gave my departing testimony.  It was pretty surreal, I can't believe it has gone so fast. But that's all I will say about that because I still have plenty of time.  Haha

Keep praying for us, thanks for all you do!
Love, Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment