Monday, December 6, 2010

First Letter from Arkansas!


President and Sister Drewes with Elder Nelson
Mom and Dad,

Today has been insane. We got here, went to Taco Bell and then went straight out trackting and contacting. The people were way nice. We ran into a group of guys sitting out around a fire in a barrel, one was named "dog face" ??? He just asked me about my love life the whole time, but with a few choice words haha, or a couple hundred. It was funny. They gave me the lead at a door we knocked... I slaughtered it. I started talking and just went blank. It was bad, the other missionaries saved me though.

The President and his wife are awesome. Part of our mission song involves throwing a Tiger Woods fist pump, and President Drewes throws it into the closest Elder...

Tell everyone I am doing good. I go to transfers and meet my companion tomorrow. The President tells me I am serving somewhere in the North, which will be colder.
Little Rock is beautiful, there is water everywhere and it is really green. We were in the Ghetto today, it was interesting. The people for the most part are in pretty good spirits, they are probably all drunk though. The President told me you could send my glove, so you should send it? my flare!! I can throw on P-days. My P-day will be Monday, so I will be able to e-mail you then.

I love you and miss you. Love Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment