Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 3, 2012

Oi family,

We are just hopping on the computer for a few minutes since the library was closed again yesterday. Last week was crazy, probably one of the most stressful weeks of my mission. We had one day where we walked probably 10 miles knocking on doors and talking to people and only talked with one guy. It was actually more like listening to him babble about nothing. Then on Friday night we got a call from a member in the branch, asking if we could teach Elders Quorum. There wasn't actually a lesson planned, so they asked us to teach about goal setting. Then we also had to prepare our a gospel essentials lesson...so that was really fun!

We did have our baptism on Sunday, and we were trying to get it all set up, and didn't have the program filled until about 30 minutes before it started, and had to hurry and get it all printed out, all the while the font was filling with cold water because the water heater wasn't working,so I had to climb up in the attic of the church and mess with the hot water heater so we could at least get luke warm water...haha. And just for some icing on the cake, Saturday night we were visiting a member, and he said "happy new years" and I realized amongst the chaos of the week, I had forgotten it was new years.... Haha. I guess this is what "Getting lost in the work" is. Haha and somehow with all of this going on, I'm happiest I have ever been. It's weird .

The baptism went great though. He asked me to baptize him, which I was really excited for because he is a really awesome kid, and Will be a great missionary one day, hopefully.

So, a cool story Mom, you have been doing missionary work without even knowing it. On Saturday, we hear a knock at the door during studies, I went and answered the door and a lady and her husband are standing there and she says "are you Elder Nelson". I had no idea who they were. So anyways, this couple were members in North Carolina (I think) and they were in Trenton visiting her grandparents, who are not members, and they started talking about the missionaries and that they didn't think missionaries were still in the area anymore. So the lady looked it up and came across my mission blog and gotta our address from it and they came by on their way out of town to see if we would go by and teach her grandparents... It was really cool. Keep up the good work Mom!!

Anywho, Happy New Years,

Love, Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment